Monday, November 1, 2010

November Hymn of the Month


I haven't posted in almost two months. Two very brisk months that feel more like two centuries. During those two months we've gotten new flooring in the main room of our house, I've had my first semi-real job at a childrens consignment sale, I spent two and a half hours in a government school for first the time in my life to take a PSAT, I had a violin recital, I helped paint part our church (my first painting experience), I took a crochet class. We got lots of baby news, experienced very dry weather, recieved a tremendous gift, and did all the regular school work, chores and had all the church meetings. Our family also dealt with a brief cold.
So in the midst of troubles and joys and fun happenings and uncomfortable happenings it is my greatest joy to remember:

  • We have a gospel that encompasses all our life; applies to every situation.
  • We have a Sovereign Lord deserving of all glory.
  • I should live accordingly.

It is the beginning of the month which holds beloved Thanksgiving and I have decided to post a song which most everyone knows. It is old and simple and deep and perfect when ones heart is overflowing with thankfulness to our loving heavenly Father, His Son who died and rose again, and the Holy Spirit who convicts us of sin.

Doxology

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Psalm 69:30



Laura

No comments: