Sunday, January 17, 2010

Purity

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity,

peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

2 Timothy 2:22


As my fabulous siblings have previosly stated first blog posts require a great amount of deliberation. After much of it this week I thought I wanted to address purity but as I cogitated over the subject I felt my ineptness, so I shall post this lovely song that addresses it.


Purify my heart

Let me be as gold

And precious silver

Purify my heart

Let me be as gold

Pure gold


Refiner's fire

My heart's one desire

Is to be holy

Set apart for You, Lord

I choose to be holy

Set apart for You, my Master

Ready to do Your will

Purify my heart

Cleanse me from within

And make me holy

Purify my heart

Cleanse me from my sin

Deep within.

I remeber one of the first times I heard this song, I was merely standing with another young woman listening to the song and she said, “This is good.” I smiled not seeing nor grasping the magnitude of meaning this prayer contained. Now I can say this song is my prayer, as well.


Laura


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE that song. It is one of my favorites songs and prayers. By the way, I also love the new blog look. The owls are soooooo cute! Keep up the excellent work Scovel children!

Laura said...

Thank you, Ms Missy.
Anna and I had so much fun picking out the background, with the boys approval of course. : )

Laura