Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My First Deer

January 20 2011. That is a very spiecel day to me. That was the day I shot my first deer. It was a small doe but I was still very happy with it. It was about 4:50 pm, I looked down the plot and saw a dark blob moving towards me. Then it turned brod-side and I saw it was a doe. I reached for my gun (a Remington 30-06 bolt-action rifle 770 model) and looked through the scope and saw two does. My heart was beating so fast I was worried they could hear it. Then I remembered that Daddy had told me if I saw a doe, wait and see if a Buck comes out (it was rut). I waited for about 20 to 30 minutes. It was starting to get dark and I knew if I was going to get the best shot I should shoot now. I Got lined up, and shot. BANG!!! The deer dropped! I went crazy. I was ready to yell with joy. Then I got control of myself. I got my gun and climd down. I walked down to were the deer fell. I was about five feet away and the deer flopped its head, got up, and trotted off limping. I called the house to tell them (the rest of the house) that I shot a deer, and that I needed help to find it. Daddy and Caleb came to help me find it. We followed the blood for five to ten minutes. Then we lost the blood trail but we kept hearing something up the trail. We walked up the trail and we stopped hearing the noise. I prayed. I looked to my left and I saw a large spot of blood on a tree. we followed that trail for four or five minutes. Then we heard a noise. I turned and looked. I heard the noise again. I looked and just as I heard the noise a third time I saw something move. I looked closer and saw a deer. Daddy went and got the truck. Then we walked slowly towards the deer. when we got there the deer was dead.


THE END

Here's some Pictures

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS LUKE! I'm so proud of you!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Meg<><