Thursday, December 16, 2010

Some Short Little Poems Laura and I were Looking At This Afternoon

A Canner, Exceedingly Canny
By Carolyn Wells
A canner, exceedingly canny,
One morning remarked to his granny,
"A canner can can
Anything that he can,
But a Canner can't can a can, can he?"

On Digital Extremities
Gelett Burgess
I'd Rather have Fingers than Toes;
I'd Rather have Eyes than a Nose;
And As for my hair,
I'm Glad it's all there;
I'll be Awfully Sad, when it Goes!

Peas
Gelett Burgess
I eat my peas with honey,
I've done it all my life.
It makes the peas taste funny,
But it keeps them on my knife.

Song Of The Pop-Bottlers
Morris Bishop
Pop bottles pop-bottles
In pop shops;
The pop-bottles Pop bottles
Poor Pop drops.

When Pop drops pop-bottles,
Pop-bottles plop!
Pop-bottle-tops topple!
Pop mops slop!

Stop! Pop'll drop bottle!
Stop, Pop, stop!
When Pop bottles pop-bottles,
Pop-bottles pop!
The Eel
Ogden Nash
I don't mind eels
Except as meals.
And the way they feels.


I know they're all silly, but me and Laura laughed. But maybe it was all the sugar we had earlier making ginger bread houses. ;-D

No comments: