Monday, July 12, 2010

A Good Recipe

This morning Mama had me make a rub for the crock pot ribs for supper tonight. I thought they were really good. And it was really easy too.

It consisted of:
2 TBS of Pepper
2 TBS of Salt
2 TBS of Garlic Powder
and
The juice of 3 Lemons
(I used about 3 TBS of the bottled juice [not sure if that's right:-] )

Mama got the ribs ready to cook then I took them and rubbed the dry mix all over them. I wasn't to sure about handling all the raw meat cause I'm usually not to keen on raw meat but it weren't as bad as I thought it would be :-) Actually it was kind of fun!
Then I sprinkled the leftover rub over the top and poured the lemon juice over it all.
We cooked it on high for and hour and then low for the rest of the time while we...

Went to WAL-MART and looked at fabric,

ate lunch in the van,

went to some friends house for the boy's Sunday School swimming party,

had ice cream, cookies, and lemonade there,

(I got to hold, feed, and burp a baby there too!=)

went to the Library near there, and got some books,

and listened to Laura read Across Five Aprils on the way Home.

By the time we got home the ribs were ready.
We had them with leftover Tater Salad, Baked Beans, and bread.
Very tasty.
Though pretty spicy from all the pepper
Mama said I may have stumped my toe on that a bit.
So if your house hold does not like a lot of spicy food...
USE LESS!
(and don't walk around while adding it)

;-D

Anna


No comments: