Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Saturday Creations


This Saturday was quite enjoyable. After our typically late Saturday lunch Anna and I pulled out our ingredients and set to making Chocolate-Peanutbutter Whoopie Pies, while watching "Daniel Boone." : ) They turned out very well and they were enjoyed by everyone at church and at our Super Bowl party. You can find the recipe here.

And that evening I finished the shawl I started several weeks before. It turned out lovely and I am delighted with it.
Over a year ago I bought yarn wanting to make a cape, intending to make up the pattern as I went. That didn't turn out to well so Mama bought me a poncho pattern. I tried to do that but I couldn't figure it. So, about the middle of January I was feeling old-fashioned and wanted to make a warm triangle shawl. So Mama and I got on the internet and searched for a pattern. After looking through several we found one that called for the exact yarn and number of skeins I had bought earlier. It was simple and what I wanted, and I really enjoyed making it. You can find the pattern here.
In this picture I took the sides of the shawl crossed it in the front and tied it in the back.

Laura

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the shawl Laura. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Nice Laura! Mom is reading a book out loud to us, and I've been working on making a shawl from the pattern you gave me while she's reading!

SOLI DEO GLORIA!

-Meg<><